Friday, June 22, 2012

Bazaar Lines in Jerusalem

Just a sampling of some of the opening bartering lines we've heard while in Jerusalem.
"I like you, I give you good price"
"You have nice eyes, very beautiful, I give you good price"
" First customer of the morning, I give you good price"
" Welcome, where you from?
"I like your face I give you good buy"

second lines while bartering
"You very beautiful, you barter very hard...but I like you"
"Do you like me? I like you, I'm good man, I give you good price"
"Really are you insulting me?"
"Are you trying to rip me off"

closing thoughts
"you bargained very well"
"10 shekels?, go away"

10 shekels for a falafel at the New Gate
50 shekels for Meza
5 shekels for 8 "timbits" soaked overnight in honey or something. (delicious)

cost of an economics lesson in old Jerusalem.... priceless.
Lyndon

No comments:

Post a Comment