Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fun?

Would you think that being slapped around by a guy named Emir is actually fun and refreshing? (all names are fictitious and any resemblance to the real person's name is purely accidental).  New experiences are a cause of some trepidation and this proved to be no different.  Angst problem number one, what do you wear to a Turkish bath? On Magnum PI (this is obviously dating me to the Precambrian period) their informant seemed to wear only a towel.  T.V. is an educational device so I went with what I knew, oh! naturale.  Seems the woman in the steam room with me hadn't watched Magnum PI so she wasn't aware of the fact that she shouldn't be wearing a bathing suit, just a towel.  I crossed my legs, and thought about how hard it is to teach proper etiquette these days.
   I got the nod from "Emir" just after the room started to spin from the heat.  Interesting that they would have a steam bath in a country where the temperature hardly drops below 26 Celsius. I was doused with warm water and told to lay down on a slab of marble, the fun was about to begin.  Have you ever noticed that exfoliation rhymes with abrasion and mild violation?  Another interesting observation is that most people in the middle east are not 6 foot 5 inches, so I think that Emir was not used to people's feet sticking out about 2 feet over the slab I was lying on.  That might explain why when he gently dropped my feet, my shins would make a mild "clinking" noise on the edge of the slab.  I'm hoping that the slapping at the end was part of the process and not an anticipation of the cheapness of my tip.  It was truly a memorable experience.
   I think I might go back again.  
Greetings from Jordan, Petra.  Lyndon

No comments:

Post a Comment