Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Traffic

 Pretty funny thing happened last night.  I went into the town to buy some multivitamins, get some money and buy a juice.  The town here is more open then in old nazareth but the streets are essentially the width of residential streets back home, with sidewalks and then just building. No yards, no grass, anyway, it was a nice walk, the temperature had cooled a bit and people were out on the streets.  I spotted Signe, O Danis and Michaela buying some stuff in a shop just as I entered the business area.  I waved and went to the ATM around the corner.  I had to wait to use the ATM, so I just kind of watched "city life".  It was wierd, car traffic seemed to get busier and busier and the speed of the cars was increasing. It was as if they had all gotten out of work at some factory all at once, but it was six o clock, wierd.  In fact at one point about eight cars were backed up in a line, usually you can cross the street without hardly even looking.  Anyway I got some Dinar, ran through the traffic across the street to the pharmacy and then started the walk back to the hotel.  I purchased some Mango juice at the little shop that I'd seen the girls at earlier. 
    Walking back I ran into the three girls just sitting on the curb and looking out over the sites of the city.  A man across the street stared at them, I made eye contact with him and he moved on. That was typical, blonde hair is an eye magnet around here.  Anyway, I'm talking to the girls about the day when the same car I've seen at least three times already comes around the corner, guns its engine and speeds down the road.

As I watched the rear of the car speed away it dawned on me, "Girls do you realize your the cause of the traffic congestion and speeding around here?"

They looked at me, then they looked at the traffic, there was a pause and Michaela said, "I think we'll come back to the hotel with you."
Boys,  cars and girls, seems the methods young males use to try and impress aren't all the culture specific.
Lyndon

No comments:

Post a Comment